Assistant Controller Englewood CO
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client located in South Denver immediately in search of an Assistant Controller to start on a direct-hire basis. Our client is experiencing exciting growth and expansion in the US, and they are seeking a highly motivated Assistant Controller who will report to the Controller.
This role offers a salary range of $107,000-$145,000.
The Assistant Controller will work closely with our Controller in managing the team as well as prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations’ assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Verifies payroll by assisting the Payroll Specialist in computer processing, printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Performs general cost accounting and project accounting.
- Reviews 3rd party prepared, monthly balance sheets, income statements, and P&L statements.
- Assists with maintaining the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts verify deposits and address inquiries from banks.
- Verifies and/or assists with payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Collaborating in strategic planning and financial forecasting.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Interfacing with customers, CFO, accountants, and auditors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiar with Sales/Use and Franchise Taxes
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- Experience with Deltek strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Thorough, in-depth working knowledge of the internal accounting standards of small businesses, including customer invoicing, AR management, AP management, account reconciliations, payroll, sales tax remittances, accrual account maintenance, balance sheet schedules, and financial statement preparation.
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting/finance/project accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on managerial accounting experience.
- Experience in working with multiple domestic, legal entities
Offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, annual performance-based incentive bonuses, as well as a generous benefits package including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) 6%
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match, 100% up to 6 %
- Company-paid Short-and-Long term disability
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
About Lincoln Group: We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.