Civil Engineer II Portland OR
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client that is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm serving the mechanical, structural, and civil engineering needs of a diverse range of clients. While they have a rich history of serving industrial clients in the PNW our client has been actively growing and expanding. Our client now can work on all types of commercial and industrial projects. They are a team of professional mechanical, structural, and civil engineers, as well as highly skilled designers and drafters with many years of experience. Due to our growth in the civil engineering space, we are looking for talented detail-oriented individuals that can seamlessly integrate into their talented team.
Our client is currently looking for an up and coming civil engineer with 2-5 years of experience in civil design, specifically in site development (stormwater, site grading, roadway design). EIT or PE preferred.
The potential candidate will be in a unique position to assist in the expansion of our clients offerings and the position will lead to larger opportunities based on experience, skill level, and individual growth.
Our client has a long history of promotion from within so this is a great place to learn and grow your career!
Apply manual and computerized drafting methods with a working knowledge of the terms and procedures of the occupation to obtain the desired product. Assignments will be completed utilizing information provided by project managers, project engineers, architectural, or technical services staff under the direction of a supervisor. Ideal candidates would enjoy working in a dynamic setting with a diverse set of clientele and a diverse range of assigned tasks.
- Must be well versed in the preparation of construction documents for standard civil (site development) engineering design
- Must be able to work in both a 2D environment as well as utilize 3D or BIM tools to create 2-D drawing products.
- Must be fluent in AutoCAD, specifically Civil3D. Familiarity or experience with REVIT also a plus.
- Must be able to accurately draw from sketches or specifications using appropriate symbology, terms, procedures, and drafting standards.
- Prepare bills of material, schedules, and assist engineering personnel with formal drawing transmittals and construction issues.
- Assist project personnel to revise drawings to reflect as-built conditions.
- Draw civil plans (site plans, grading and stormwater plans, utility plans), diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys.
- Create templates and other standard Ability to create styles and other template type components in Civil 3D would be also preferred. Candidate may be tasked with preparing and curating standards and templates.
- Experience preparing hydrology calculations (rational, SBUH, continuous simulation modeling, or the like) based on the various local and regional jurisdictions.
- Basic structural design knowledge preferred but a willingness to supplement civil engineering design with structural engineering tasks a bonus for candidate
- Prepare structural plans and documents for buildings and other structure types. Plans include foundations, framing, elevations, sections, etc. Draft plans and detailed drawings for structural concrete, steel structures, and installations for various construction projects working from sketches, verbal instructions or notes.
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil and structural engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Effective communication with the design team to plan, develop drawings, basic design models, and resolve problems.
- May require travel to plant/job site.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Windows Operating System including email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and computer-aided drafting applications (AutoCAD and other Autodesk Programs).
- Bachelors degree in drafting/design/engineering technology or equivalent 2-5 years of industry-related civil experience or structural experience.
- Additional Skills Required for the role include:
- Must be a self-starter and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable making decisions
- Basic construction experience or knowledge
- Complex Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Basic construction experience or knowledge
- Good Communication Skills (Active Listening, Verbal and Written)
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Attention to Detail
- Strong desire to learn and help others
About Lincoln Group:
We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.