Controller Denver CO
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a local client who is actively looking to hire a Controller, on a direct hire basis. The ideal candidate will help build our client’s business by overseeing and supporting the financial and accounting activities of the organization. This role will be responsible for assisting in all areas of accounting including month-end close, budgeting, forecasting, audit, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, and financial reporting. This role includes policy and procedure implementation, safeguarding of the organizations financial assets, and assistance with the organizations financial auditors. This is a leadership role that requires someone who is exceptionally organized, motivated, and demonstrates excellent accounting skills as they exploit opportunities to grow the business and drive financial results.
General Summary of Duties:
- Leads accounting and financial operations including month-end close, preparation of financial statements and reconciliations. Ensures financial statements are prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Leads the development, distribution, and on-going evaluation of financial controls, policies, and procedures to safeguard Company assets and ensure compliance with GAAP standards.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable including credit card charges at least monthly. Ensures vendor payments are remitted timely and accurately.
- Partners with operational leadership to communicate any trends in financial results and looks for areas of opportunity to improve Company profitability.
- Oversees the delivery of any external audit requests in a timely manner.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and desire to proactively solve problems as they arise to get results.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills based upon confidence, assertiveness, and respect that fosters strong relationships.
- Drives the establishment of performance goals and provides on-going feedback, coaching, and development to enhance the team’s performance and capability, to facilitate open communication, and to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps, developmental areas, and opportunities to advance capabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with wide degree of creativity, latitude, and autonomy.
- Demonstrated respectful, constructive, and energetic leadership style.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks efficiently with little direct guidance, while maintaining focus on details required for individual assignments.
- Strong persuasion, negotiation, problem solving and conflict resolution skills; including strong interpersonal/internal/external customer service skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, rapidly adapt to changing environment and possess strong work ethics.
- High degree of productivity and skill in testing, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field (required)
- MBA or MAcc (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Big 4 or Big 8 experience (preferred)
- Public accounting experience (required)
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience in an accounting role is highly preferred.
Type of Hire: Full time / Direct Hire
Compensation – Commensurate with Experience:
- Salary range: $95k – 115k
- Bonus: 20%
Additional details about the client organization that is filling this role will be provided upon completion of an application and an interview.
About Lincoln Group:
We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.