Director of Manufacturing Operations Las Vegas NV
Job Ref: JOB-1201
The Lincoln Group has partnered with an exceptional Engineering Firm, in the embedded software solutions, electronic manufacturing industry, who is looking for a Director of Manufacturing Operations. This company provides leading edge technology in a wide diversity of industries to include, advanced medical diagnostic equipment, high energy physics experiments, industrial Internet of things (IoT) automation systems, airborne reconnaissance and other defense and aerospace systems. Only applicants with electronic manufacturing services experience leading an organization through growth will be considered.
Compensation: $140,000 – $150,000 per year, plus benefits. (Relocation assistance provided).
The Director of Manufacturing Operations position is responsible for the planning, strategy, direction and execution for the company’s Manufacturing Operations in order to facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and financial goals. Only applicants with electronic manufacturing services experience leading an organization through growth will be considered.
- Plans manufacturing operations and activities
- Develop production and quality goals within manufacturing organization, maintaining a scheduled workflow to meet quoted customer need dates of hardware.
- Challenges conventional manufacturing knowledge and develops innovative production/process techniques.
- Provide change management leadership.
- Develop, implement and sustain success metrics, incorporating best practices.
- Oversee lean implementation program identifying wastes and improving efficiencies.
- Monitors quality principles & standards.
- Member of new product introduction team, providing inputs for manufacturability, developing, and tracking manufacturing schedules
- Develop a world-class operations team through staffing, training, and talent management initiatives
- Drive employee engagement.
- Model, lead and coach people on the culture change necessary to support and sustain a continuous improvement led culture.
- Work with quality to prepare manufacturing presentations for customer audits.
- Provide project management and leadership necessary to implement pilots and the ongoing rollout of current and introductory manufacturing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of prior experience at a director level in Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) that design, assemble, produce, and test electronic components and printed circuit board (PCB) assemblies.
- Proficient is use of MRP/ERP systems, EPICOR preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the whole electronic manufacturing process, including but not limited to SMT, in process, test and shipping.
- Must have extensive knowledge and experience of initiating and driving through manufacturing practice improvements.
- Six Sigma, Black Belt is preferred.
- Have strong understanding of electronics manufacturing standard i.e., IPC standards (IPC-A-600, 610, 620, or equivalent).
- Strong Understanding of ISO/AS9100 requirements.
- Ability to read and understand engineering assembly documents such as billing of materials, assembly drawings, engineering change orders, quality process documents
- Proficient knowledge of MS office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic component types, and packages.
- Understanding of purchase contracts and negotiation skills.
- Strong understanding of the relationship between manufacturers, representatives and distributors, and setting up special bond/pricing agreements.
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance ,Vision Insurance, 401k with company contribution, Paid holidays, Paid time off, On site fitness center
About Lincoln Group: We are a woman-owned executive search, retained search, and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a retained, permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution. www.lincolngrp.com