To Apply for this Job Click Here
Staff Accountant Commerce City CO
Job Ref: JOB-1490
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client located in East Denver immediately in search of a Staff Accountant to start on a direct-hire basis. We are accepting direct-hire applicants. The Staff Accountant is a full-time, exempt position that assists in making sure accounting functions associated with our contracts and AP/AR are processed timely and accurately. The Staff Accountant reports directly to the Assistant Controller and is responsible for finance/accounting functions as listed below:
- Ability to work remotely 2 days per week
- 80% employer paid comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous vacation, sick time, and holiday pay, plus paid birthday off and refreshment day
- Tuition reimbursement and child adoption benefits
- Employer-paid term life insurance, long-term disability, AD&D
- Health savings account with generous employer contribution
- Flexible spending account
- Paid parental and bereavement leave
- 401(k) with 5% company match that vests immediately, plus the opportunity for an annual tenure-based incentive contribution
Perform certain day-to-day accounting functions as assigned including:
- General ledger
- Fixed assets
- Accounts receivable
- Prepare bank account reconciliations between the general ledger and the cash management module.
- Reconciles the prepaid assets on a monthly basis and records the appropriate journal entry.
- Reconcile Program revenue on a monthly basis and work with the Program staff to address questions that arise.
- Prepare the monthly fixed asset reports. Work with VP of Operations and Maintenance Director to ensure that capital assets are recorded properly.
- Coordinate with various staff to ensure that the fixed asset ledger is accurate and that retirements are properly recorded.
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller in support of the annual audit.
- Identify enhancements to the status quo and advise others to facilitate the implementation of recommended changes.
- Write up and input journal entries into the general ledger as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting work experience. Will consider recent college graduates in lieu of experience.
- CPA or CMA Certification candidate preferred.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication, team leadership, and the ability to handle multiple tasks required.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and accounting software.
Type of Hire: Direct Hire
Software: Prefer experience with Great Plains, SalesForce, Pivot Table, and Adaptive Insights
Location: East Denver, CO
Work Schedule: Hybrid work arrangements
Compensation: Salary $55,100K – $68,600K
For IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, please apply immediately with your resume and availability to interview. They are scheduling interviews immediately and ready to make an offer immediately.
About Lincoln Group: We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.