Lead Internal Auditor Wausau WI
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client in the financial services industry seeking to hire a Lead Internal Auditor, on a full-time basis, to join their exceptional organization. This person is responsible for leading the Internal Audit group for our internal and external audit reviews, including Finance Internal Controls, IT Security controls, and risk assessments.
- Education: Associates degree in a business field or relative job experience
- Experience: 1 to 3 years of audit, accounting, finance, or tax
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex business periodicals, technical procedures, and numerical data
- Ability to translate detailed data from multiple sources into aggregated status
- Analytical mindset, ability to identify problems/issues and make suggestions on improvement
- Ability to lead/manage support staff to accomplish objectives
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with others across IT and Finance to complete time-based deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and timely at all levels of the organization
- Ability to analyze processes for inefficiencies
- Ability to be accurate, organized, and attend to multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers, and employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis in Excel
- Must build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness of managing their own time.
- Facilitation of project/status meetings.
Required Skills & Responsibilities:
- Functions as the Lead for support staff (Internal Audit Analyst) within the Audit team
- Manages multiple deliverables simultaneously, facilitating audit engagements to ensure that objectives are met consistently
- Responsible for performing financial, operational, compliance and internal control audits on the firm’s businesses to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of reported financial information
- Responsible for monthly report out of audit results to Management and quarterly report out to the board, detailing any issues requiring correction
- Responsible for establishing risk-based audit programs and documenting audit procedures
- Responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of the audit plan
- Perform analysis/review of failed audit transactions- determine root cause and implement applicable controls
- Compile required sample selections and associated backup/evidence for all Finance/IT internal and external audits
- Coordinates with IT stakeholders and the Business Development team to respond effectively to client questionnaires, external audits, and client prospects
- Responsible for periodic information security risk assessments and analysis, answering requests for IT-related information
- Assesses audit evidence submitted to determine if it meets audit objectives, demonstrates completeness and accuracy of testing
- Acts as the External Audit contact/coordinator. Ensure all audit requests are logged and tracked
- Develop audit timelines for Finance/IT to ensure alignment with all internal/external stakeholders
Location: Wausau, WI
Work Schedule: Remote until Labor Day then moving to a hybrid model
For immediate consideration please apply to the job posting with your resume, availability to interview, and compensation requirements. This is a time-sensitive posting as the client is looking to move forward with interviews this month. Thank you for your consideration.
About Lincoln Group:
We are a woman-owned executive search, retained search, and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a retained, permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.