Mechanical Engineer II Portland Oregon
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client that is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm serving the mechanical, structural, and civil engineering needs of a diverse range of clients. While they have a rich history of serving industrial clients in the PNW our client has been actively growing and expanding. Our client now can work on all types of commercial and industrial projects. They are a team of professional mechanical, structural, and civil engineers, as well as highly skilled designers and drafters with many years of experience.
Positive Growth! This is a new position due to growth and client demand!
Design Lead Responsibilities
- Act as the lead designer for client design requests.
- Readily takes on client design tasks with little to no supervision or guidance from management.
- Can accept open ended tasks and comes up with creative ways to meet the clients needs.
- Works to understand the clients objectives of the project before moving forward with the design.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure clients needs are being met in a timely, cost effective, and high quality manner.
- Can delegate tasks to designers, drafters, and project managers that are needed to successfully complete the project.
- Be the ultimate gatekeeper for the safety, reliability and quality of the design. This person must be able to be vocal when design attributes may be impacting safety or overall system quality.
- Must be able to work under pressure and self-manage their own and other designers/drafters priorities.
- Self-validate and defend design methodologies through performing engineering calculations on key process equipment. Calculations include but are not limited to:
- Drive/Motor Power Calculations
- Safety Margins
- Hydraulic Power Requirements
- Pump, Piping and Fluid Based Process Capacity Design
- Other calculations requirements as needed.
- Provide a work product that is above average based on industry expectations and has recognized value with our clients.
- Creates mechanical designs for material handling, processing, and sorting systems used in the wood products industry.
- Can handle moderately complicated mechanical design tasks with little to no supervision.
- Proactively escalates needs/road blocks to other project team members, project managers, owners, and outside vendors.
- Ensures revision control is in place and effective when working on client designs.
- >7 years of relevant work experience.
- A technical or engineering degree is preferred but not required.
- AutoCAD experience highly preferred
- Inventor proficiency is required.
- Experience with engineering change order and version control systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- In-depth knowledge of process driven manufacturing facilities.
- Stage gate experience is a plus.
- Experience taking onsite measurements and constructing as built documentation.
About Lincoln Group:
We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.