Process Engineer Las Vegas Nevada
Job Ref: JOB-1256
The Lincoln Group has partnered with an exceptional High Tech Engineering Firm (embedded computing solutions) in the electronics manufacturing industry, which is looking for a Processing Engineer to assist the area manufacturing team in developing basic, intermediate, and advanced soldering skills for new and existing hires.
The process engineer position is responsible for determining operations to produce products and developing processes to ensure quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met. This position troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action. The process engineer also researches the purchase of equipment or upgrades to existing equipment.
Compensation: Up to $85,000/year, plus benefits, 401K, and an on-site fitness center.
- Optimize process yield and productivity through continuous improvement programs
- Develop, maintain, and validate thermal profiles for SMT ovens for new and existing board-level products
- Generate and update work instructions for production processes as required
- Participate in the New Product Development process to evaluate concepts, design, prototype, and test
- Work closely with Electrical and Mechanical Engineering teams to perform “Design for Manufacturability” and “Design for Assembly” reviews on new and existing products to IPC and other recognized specifications. These include review and approval of stencil designs to chip manufacturer specifications
- Identify and lead the implementation of new and enhanced electronic assembly capabilities
- Support manufacturing staff in developing programs for selective solder, AOI, RTV dispensers, and laser cutters.
- Create, update, and maintain manufacturing documents for pre-production unit builds for design verification, design validation, and process validation
- Drive engineering prototype and first article jobs to all relevant data for potential improvements for both Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Teams
- Collaborate with engineering to resolve customer quality issues related to manufacturing process issues
- Supervise operator training
- BS degree or equivalent in a technical field (IE, EE, ME, Materials Science, etc.)
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible work in an electronics manufacturing environment, particularly in a high mix, low volume facility, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of Surface Mount Technology (SMT), and wave soldering technology, with experience in lead-free processes (ROHS compliance)
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly processes: soldering (including solder joint characteristics), conformal coating, brazing, adhesive bonding, welding, and precision mechanical assembly
- Experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of quality systems and processes
- Knowledge and experience in process automation
- Strong understanding of IPC standards, including IPC certification (IPC-A-600, 610, 620, and J-STD-001 or equivalent).
- Able to accomplish root cause analysis and resolve problems on a conceptual and advanced troubleshooting level
- Knowledge of ISO standards, audits, and inspection techniques, and experience with ISO 9001 and AS9100 certification in a lead/supporting role
For immediate consideration, please apply to the job posting.
About Lincoln Group:
We are a woman-owned executive search, retained search, and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a retained, permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution. www.lincolngrp.com