Purchasing Manager Camarillo CA
Job Ref: JOB-1430
Lincoln Group Industrial Services has partnered with an exceptional client in the Biopharma industry who is looking for a Purchasing Manager to join their team on a direct-hire basis! The Purchasing Manager will provide overall leadership and direction to the purchasing team and will be responsible for managing the purchasing, planning, and scheduling functions. The Purchasing Manager will provide support to production scheduling on all material flow and various customer requirements.
Type of Hire: Direct Hire
Location: Camarillo, CA
Work Schedule: Full-time in-office
Compensation: $90,000 – $110,000
- Develop, implement, and manage a cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that incorporates capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, raw materials, and associated cost elements.
- Participate in daily Tier 2 Gemba walks with management to provide status of operation and execute any corrective actions.
- Conduct daily Tier 1 communication meeting with all department personnel in area of responsibility focusing on Planning, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory (E&O)
- Maintain inventory health levels at safety stock or greater to support customer demand.
- Proactively identify and address any issues with the production plan by establishing and monitoring schedules, coordinate with production operations and customer service to ensure on-time delivery targets.
- Perform analysis of customer demand, sales forecasts, and historical material usage to develop and execute accurate production plans and inventory levels.
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work processes are followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
- Identify, develop, and manage effective relations with existing and potential suppliers to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Promote and teach Problem Solving with 5 Why’s methods and other analytical tools.
- Establish, implement, and manage a system to evaluate, monitor, and reports on supplier scorecard performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Material Management, or similar preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in procurement, inventory, planning, and ERP (Styleline business system experience, preferred)
- APICS certification preferred.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization and build consensus for improvement initiatives.
- Working knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in both a distribution and manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 quality system requirements
- Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and influence cross-functionally.
- Strong planning, organization, analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in high pace, changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About Lincoln Group Industrial Services:
We are a woman-owned staffing firm specializing in Engineering and Light Industrial. We provide you with resources directly to achieve confidence in your workplace. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution. First our website at www.lincolngrp.com.