Senior Accountant Thornton CO
Job Ref: JOB-1154
Lincoln Group has partnered with a client in the Transportation Industry in Northeast Denver, in search of a Senior Accountant on a contract to hire or direct hire basis. The Senior Accountant directs the establishment and maintenance of the companys accounting principles, practices, procedures, and internal controls for the creation of its financial records, the preparation of its internal and external financial reporting and the control of assets.
- Manage the general ledger for 4 business entities
- Bank reconciliations for 6 bank accounts
- Prepare monthly analysis of company operating performance.
- Responsible for journal Entries, Balance Sheet account reconciliations and Income Statement variance analysis.
- Provide direction, oversight, and integrity to the accounting and financial reporting systems, to include the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls.
- Manage time to assure compliance with key accounting submissions and deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Assists Controller and CFO with special projects.
- Researches and provides direction on accounting issues.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provides leadership to others through sharing of knowledge and advisory skills.
- Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives and operates within department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Job Location: Northeast Thornton, CO
Work Location: Onsite and in office 100%
Work Type: Contract-to-Hire
Compensation: $70,000 – $80,000 paid hourly ($33.65-$38.46)
Education/Experience: Bachelor s degree with major in accounting (CPA or MBA a plus) Accounting Experience: five plus years related experience and training.
Industry Required: Transportation, Trucking, Logistics, 3PL
Software: Great Plains, expertise in using MS Excel for analytical and reporting including the use of Filters, Charts, Pivot Tables, and analytical functions such as Vlookup, Sumif, and Hlookup.
For immediate consideration to join this established, dynamic, and fun organization, please apply to the job posting. Advancement Opportunities Available for Top Performers.