Senior Director of Marketing & Communications Denver Colorado
Job Ref: JOB-1395
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a successful and growing 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, who is search for a Senior Director of Marketing & Communications to develop and lead in the execution of the Organization’s strategic marketing and communication plans. This position currently is an in-house marketing team of one, reporting directly to the President. The successful candidate will be able to switch between different levels of work, such as editing a donor presentation, to coordinating and overseeing the management of projects between the Organization’s internal team and external partners, to assisting the President and other executive staff on the organization’s marketing strategy. The Senior Director of Marketing & Communications will drive the priorities, lead the team (internal/external via partnerships), engage key stakeholders, and manage the budget.
Compensation: $130,000 – $180,000 (DOE) and excellent benefits, including 401K, with corporate match; plus, other benefits.
- Under the direction of the President, and in collaboration with the Development and Programs teams, supervise the execution of marketing and communications for the organization, including strategic marketing planning, digital marketing efforts, direct mail, traditional advertising, content marketing, video production, and earned media to advance the organization’s mission and assist fundraising and engagement efforts.
- Supervise the messaging, creation and distribution of employee and internal communications, speech writing and other content development.
- Lead earned media efforts to further the Organization’s mission, including supervision of press releases, editorials, and logistics around press conferences, podcasts, radio and television interviews, newspaper editorial board meetings, etc.
- Act as chief editor for all Organization content, including campaign messaging, student and family stories, website and blog content, direct mail letters, speeches, press releases, and video scripts.
- Develop, maintain, and supervise the adherence to the Organization’s brand standards.
- Prevent harmful messaging by internal and/or external actors. Ensure quality, design consistency, messaging and brand integrity remain intact.
- Maintain relationships with external agencies and lead the ideation and creative process in the development of current and future Organization branded materials.
- Under the direction of the President, develop and manage strategic marketing and communications plans for national and market-specific fundraising, brand awareness and stakeholder engagement. Strategic Marketing includes leveraging the Organization’s strengths to capitalize on market opportunities.
- Oversight of all upstream and downstream marketing, grants, and market research.
- Under the direction of the President, lead and manage all marketing external partners to align with department objectives, goals, culture, morale, innovation, creative execution, and output.
- Responsible for ensuring all members of the Organization’s external marketing partners are equipped with clear direction, training, and resources to succeed in their roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Project Management, or similar degree; or equivalent professional experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5 – 7+ years of experience
- Knowledge of, and passion for, school choice and Organization mission
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Background in writing on deadline preferred
- Demonstrates ability to develop a strong internal/external (partners) team culture
- Strong decision-making ability using a collaborative style that encourages input from others
- Experience in analytical data collection, interpretation, and reporting
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans toward specific and measurable outcomes
About Lincoln Group
We are a woman-owned executive search, retained search, and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a retained, permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.