Senior General Ledger Accountant Englewood CO
Job Ref: JOB-1220
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a fast-growing, private equity-owned, automotive organization in search of a Senior General Ledger Accountant, on a direct-hire basis, to join their exceptional team. The Senior General Ledger Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller.
Compensation: $75,000 – $85,000 annually plus annual bonus
Schedule: Remote 8-10 weeks, then Hybrid schedule
- Responsible for assisting with all elements of the financial close process to ensure a timely close including but not limited to preparation of month-end journal entries, Balance Sheet account reconciliations, etc.
- Reconciles and maintains balance sheet accounts
- Analysis of Payroll Liability Accounts and Benefits
- Reconcile the company’s bank statements and ledgers, review of outstanding check list for stale checks
- Prepares analysis of accounts as requested
- Consults with Management and Finance regarding major policy decisions, major expenditures, and unusual problems.
- Create and post entries in Sage, analyze variances from actuals to budgets, and work closely with the team to correct errors.
- Maintain monthly close documentation including but not limited to checklists, accounting journal entries, reporting.
- Assist with the external audit requests.
- Perform ad hoc duties and analysis as needed to support corporate functions and Retail operations.
- Lead various projects as assigned and continuously find ways to improve departmental quality through creating efficiencies, streamlining repetitive processes, and utilizing technology.
- Ability to comprehend complex accounting topics and determine the appropriate treatment as required under US GAAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of accounting experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience in Retail and/or Multi-unit environment highly preferred.
- Experience working with Private Equity owned companies highly preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
About Lincoln Group: We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.