Senior Project Manager Boulder CO
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client in the software industry in search of a senior project manager on a direct-hire basis, located in Boulder CO. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with an upward trajectory.
Senior Project Manager
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Manager for a fast-moving project with SW delivery aspects as well as deploying devices at scale while doing it a developing modernizing process.
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of projects with direct accountability to the Executive Sponsor.
- Manage client expectations from initial problem identification and through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project charter and work breakdown schedule.
- Develops and leads the project team to the delivery of successful project outcomes.
- Builds and manages multiple, multi-functional collaborative project and/or work teams.
- Coordinates the activities of multi-functional teams, as well as the project budget, task dependencies and schedule.
- Scope, risk and issue management, including documenting, communicating and facilitating resolutions or mitigation plans.
Develops, initiates and manages a communication plan, including regular project status reports.
- Delivers appropriate integration, training and implementation plans and activities.
- Manages stakeholders and multiple project teams in the context of a single project.
- Acts as a coach and mentor.
- May be required to supervise or manage Project Coordinators.
- Develops root cause analyses and process improvement plans.
Maintains all project artifacts. Identifies, delivers and documents organizational, application and human workflows that contribute to policy and procedure updates throughout each project.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to senior leadership, management and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Senior Project Manager Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
- Education and experience with Project Management methodology based on Project Management principles required.
- Project Management Professional designation (PMI) Certification preferred.
- Ten years of experience leading large, diverse and often complex projects is required.
- Experience working with process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma or Lean preferred.
- Experience managing projects with multiple project teams, product development lifecycle, or quality lifecycle.
- Experience with PM methodologies and software.
- Experience making formal and informal presentations to senior and executive management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience developing and modifying process standards and objectives to a project as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability in leading large, diverse and complex projects.
- Demonstrated management skills and the ability to work effectively to build relationships with executive management, department managers and project managers.
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and conflicts.
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain commitment with teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of customer business needs in support of organizational objectives.
- Ability to effectively present and gather information at PM meetings.
- Ability to mentor Project Coordinators and Associate Project Managers.
- Ability to develop, direct, motivate and gain the commitment of teams.
- Ability to translate conceptual thinking into project definitions and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with multiple project teams, product development lifecycle, or quality lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize work, manage time and respond effectively to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to exercise sound political and environmental judgment as appropriate to support successful project implementation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in assessing and mitigating risks through risk planning, record, practice management, financial management.
For immediate consideration please apply to the job posting with your resume and availability to interview. This is a time-sensitive posting as the client is looking to move forward with interviews this month. Thank you for your consideration.
About Lincoln Group:
We are a woman-owned executive search and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.