Sr. Director of Project Development Superior Colorado
Job Ref: JOB-1441
The Lincoln Group has partnered with a client in the energy industry in search of a Sr. Director of Project Development to join their team on a direct-hire basis! The Senior Director of Project Development will report directly to the Chief Growth Officer. This position will manage various projects within the organization, including the development of greenfield natural resource extraction or energy generation projects, the technical and financial evaluation of potential business mergers or acquisitions, process improvement initiatives both at a corporate and operational levels, and detailed technical studies for existing operations. Additionally, this position will help manage the corporate technical service group and support the Chief Growth Officer in developing business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall growth strategies. This position will develop and prepare materials for use in such events, coordinate with department managers and participants, facilitate team decisions, monitor teamwork, and use available resources to assist in developing action plans. Looking for candidates who want to join an incredible team and idea-driven culture!
Type of Hire:Direct Hire
Work Schedule:Full-time in-office
Compensation: $160,000 – $190,000 (DOE), plus 30% STIP
- Manages assigned projects and relationships related to the enhancement of existing businesses as well as growth initiatives.
- Manage a corporate technical staff based in different locations, to include remote teams.
- Directly lead or manage multiple teams/projects to ensure efficient execution of assigned projects within deadlines and budgets.
- Determine resource requirements and identify resources with right skills to successfully execute projects.
- Possess the drive, initiative, and ability to identify new business improvement initiatives that fit with the company’s growth initiatives.
- Participate in the design, execution, training, and maintenance of process improvement and operationally based technical projects.
- Present and facilitate technical services and business improvement events.
- Seek and evaluate process improvement information, materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs and adapt them to use in the execution of business development events.
- Assemble and drive cross functional and site teams to generate business improvement projects that deliver value.
- Use appropriate measurement, analysis, and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements.
- Manage and coordinate efforts to identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement that transcend site & departmental boundaries.
- Assists with coordinating and expediting the organization’s growth through merger and acquisition activities. Provides analysis for possible mergers and acquisitions and makes recommendations as to their impact on the organization’s profitability.
- Interfaces with all functions of the organization, including Finance, Operations, Mining Engineering/Technical Services, Sales and Marketing, and Human Resources to ensure a full understanding and exchange of ideas related to projects and initiatives.
- Develop reports of overall Technical Services and Business Development activities including accomplishments, participation, projected activities, and anticipated needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (mining, geological, or civil preferred).
- A minimum of 15 years of combined experience in business development, financial analysis, engineering to support energy extraction, operations, or project management is required. At least 8 of the 15 years must be in direct support of a natural resource extraction project or an energy generation project that is either in an operational state or project development/construction state.
- Managed budgets in excess of $20 million.
- Proven experience in team development, leadership techniques, statistics & data analysis, and project management methods.
- Proven history of directly managing of technical
- Demonstrated project management skills and successful delivery of objectives.
- Prior experience with the development of greenfield natural resource extraction or energy generation projects is highly preferred.
- Proven history of identifying opportunities for business and process improvement, developing evaluation methodologies to study alternatives, and implementing action plans to drive improvement.
- Sound business acumen and well-developed assessment, judgment, and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong conflict management skills, including resolution of complex issues and different points of view.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and develop robust action plans.
- Strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to lead a remote team of technical experts in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to set direction for multiple goals and achieve buy-in of the leadership team.
- Efficiently organizes schedules to accomplish tasks, projects, and goals.
- Must be influential, take initiative and be able to propose alternative strategies to meet company demands.
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions.
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Demonstrated ability to organize priorities in order to reach the goals and deliverables of assigned projects through analytical and problem-solving expertise.
- Demonstrates competence in key areas of management and leadership expertise including relationship management, communication, staff direction and motivation, financial planning and control, quality management, risk management, and the achievement of targets.
About Lincoln Group
We are a woman-owned executive search, retained search, and professional solutions firm specializing in a tailor-made approach to service. We are experienced leaders in the industry with expertise in filling a wide variety of executive, professional, and skilled business positions on a retained, permanent, contract, interim, or contract-to-hire basis. We serve companies looking for a holistic talent solution.